Reducing the Cost of Workplace Mental Illness
In developing our innovative stigmaZERO Workplace Program and consultation services, it became clear that employers are struggling with the negative impacts and exaggerated costs related to mental illness. Often, they need guidance to better manage this challenge.
Our expertise has shown that to reduce costs and lost productivity, employers must work towards a stigmaZERO workplace.
Many corporations understand the need to address mental illness in the workplace, and often proceed with high-level mental health awareness programs. However, these programs don’t specifically address the fear of the stigma surrounding mental illness, and how this continues to create enormous challenges – and cost – to employers.
In order to help corporate leadership and HR executives further understand these challenges, we have published a whitepaper in which we aim to address the elephant in the room: the cost of mental illness and stigma is staggering.
Our exhaustive research of peer-reviewed academic literature using economic, business and health databases has proven there is in fact an ROI available to companies who invest in the reduction of workplace stigma.
We help you implement effective solutions to these unique challenges through the following services, which are tailored to the unique needs of each client:
stigmaZERO WORKPLACE PROGRAM
Empowering employers to reduce the cost (and the associated lost productivity) of mental illness in the workplace. Clients will:
- Reduce the cost of workplace mental illness
- Increase employee productivity
- Empower management to better respond to workplace mental illness
- Develop HR policies around mental illness
- Strengthen workplace morale
- Improve reputation, recruitment and retention
As Chair of the MEDEC HR Committee and head for Human Resources at Medtronic Canada, I had the chance to work with stigmaZERO and get first-hand appreciation for Jason’s professionalism with respect to his mandate intake and delivery. MEDEC invited Jason as a keynote speaker and asked that he present the topic of mental health / mental illness in the workplace, and offer possible strategies to alleviate its impact on employees and employers.
Medtronic also invited him to deliver Phase I of the stigmaZERO Workplace Program with our leadership team. Jason created and delivered a compelling presentation which was an eye-opener to many of the participants. Feedback received suggests that participants connected very well with his presentation style and immensely benefited from the education and techniques that he provided. Jason was also extremely organized and reliable; he is a pleasure to partner with.
I would not hesitate to recommend stigmaZERO and Jason to any organization that wants to raise awareness and capabilities in regards to the issue of mental health.”
We help organizations better manage mental health impacts and costs in the workplace. We do this by:
- Conducting organizational diagnostics and case audits of the current state of how mental health issues are handled and the costs associated with them
- Developing a short and medium term strategy to improve how mental health issues should be managed in the future
- Recommending specific, practical ways to engage senior management, supervisors and employees in developing solutions – including education, protocols and management processes
- Ensuring alignment with corporate values and other HR programs